City board, commission members due honors at reception on Tuesday
The San Marcos City Council will host a reception honoring members of 27 boards and commissions who volunteer their time serving the San Marcos community.
The annual event will be held Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. at the city of San Marcos Conference Center, located at 1001 McCarty Lane.
Mayor Susan Narvaiz will conduct a swearing in ceremony for dozens of new board members at 6 p.m. In addition, outgoing members of city boards will be recognized for their service.
“The San Marcos community is fortunate to have so many people willing to dedicate their expertise and wisdom to our important boards and commissions,” Narvaiz said. “The City Council is grateful for their significant contributions to the future of San Marcos.”
In December, the City Council appointed 92 citizens to 23 boards.
• Airport Commission: Theodore Dake, Jr., MD; Charles Nash; Bobby Roden
• Animal Shelter Advisory Committee: Mary Lou Katchen; David Salazar; Jeff C. Jorgensen; Frank Cheatham
• Arts Commission: Eva Carmena Doty; Carol Garcia; Valerie Short; Lisa Marie Coppoletta
• Beautification Commission: Mark Carter; Bryan Davis; Robert T. Doerr
• Construction Board of Appeals: Walter Mott; Curtis Briggs
• Convention and Visitors Bureau Advisory Board: Mark Hendricks; Michelle Kvanli; Tom Pugh; Richard Weik; Jason Byrd; Lorena Garcia; Chris Jones
• Economic Development Board: Bruce Tifft; Don Nash; Kevin Carswell; Charles Austin; John Thomaides
• Efficiency Task Force: Pam Couch; Fred A. Terry; John Campsmith; Earl Studdard; Barry Brittain; John Meeks; Sue Hardin
• Ethics Review Commission: Tom McNair; Toby Hooper; Carter Morris
• Finance and Audit Committee: Susan Narvaiz; Pam Couch; Kim Porterfield; Rick Menchaca; Steve Parker; Collette Jamison
• Historic Preservation Commission: Thea Dake; Ollie Giles
• Housing Authority Board: Stacy Green; Rose Brooks
• Human Services Advisory Board: Lupe Costilla; David R. Ross; Karen Julian; Mark A. Newton; Sean D. Wardwell
• Library Board: Mary Pendergast; James Wilson; Donna Swinney
• Main Street Advisory Board: Molly Ann Salinas-Gonzales; Steve Searle; Gaylord Bose; Mark Gonzales; David Peterson; Dave Newman; Charles Blue; Michael Harper
• Parks and Recreation Board: Gary Aalen; Ron Riggins; Michelle Bussemey; Ben Kvanli
• Planning and Zoning Commission: Sherwood Bishop; Allen Shy; Curtis Seebeck
• San Marcos-Hays County Emergency Medical Services Board: Susan Narvaiz; Petra Landry
• Sunset Advisory Commission: Ani Yazedjian Hensleigh; Jim Pendergast; Mark Occhialini; David Brown; Hilda Cook; Arturo Benavides; Rebecca Conley
• Tax Increment Financing Reinvestment Zone No. Two: Steve Parker
• Transportation Advisory Board: Michael “Andy” Howard; Phillip Sladek; Ted Marchut; Jamar Keating; Brad McAllister
• Youth Commission: Ani Yazedjian Hensleigh; JoAnne Prado
• Zoning Board of Adjustments and Appeals: Lisa Spencer; Roland Bolden, III; Pax Chagnon; Gary Gooch
For more information about the event or to volunteer for a city board or commission, contact the city clerk’s office at 393-8090.